bigglesmum

My name is Dale-Lyn.I an married to Colin and have two teenage boys (Actually an 19 and 17 years old).We had our daughter in October 2008. We have a Sun Conure called Biggles who is so beautiful and one budgie called Ginger. We have a dog called Diamond. We also have two cats that belong to my mum Rajah and Tiger. I am a Stay at home Mum for the moment I enjoy scrapbooking and the wii

Saturday, September 01, 2007

why I hvae been very quiet

Sorry to have taken so long lots has happened.
Colin and I have celebrated 21 years of marriage.
Still love my new job have opened the store a few times now.
Boys are finding the later years at school harder then they thought.
My mum who was flying to the USA in September has just been informed that she failed the Qantas plane test so she may die in flight should she fly she is very upset with only four weeks to go.
The boys competed in the City to Surf maybe next year we will do it as a family.

On a sadder note the main reason I have been quiet is that I had a miscarriage.
I found out I was pregnant on August 7 very shocked but excited. It went over well with my family and dh's. The boys were happy.
But at my first ultrasound they couldn't find a heartbeat and when more blood was taken they said it had stopped growing. It was seven weeks and one day old at the time.
It had been conceived around our wedding anniversary so it would have been the gift that keeps on giving.
So I a curette on the 13th of August.
We had never lost a baby before it always had been I was pregnant so it was the biggest shock to us. We have learnt some lessons from the experience don't tell anyone until everything is right as its really hard to face telling them you that you lost it.
We may try again this one was a surprise and a pleasant one but my age is against us being almost 41. And do I really want to go back to it?
I am just finishing all the school stuff with my children I would have to start from the beginning again.
Other then that life is fine.
The experience has bought Colin and I closer then ever together (if that's possible as we are already joined at the hip).
Bye for now

5 Comments:

At 6:53 PM , Blogger Deb said...

Dale-Lynn what a terrible time you've been having.

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, I can only begin to imagine how you must be feeling. I know there is nothing I can say that will help, but we are thinking of you and your family.

I too had a 'surprise' (@41) and although I had the same 'do I really want to do this again' questions I wouldn't have it any other way. My little man is a real blessing and the good by far outweights the bad.

I hope things start to look better for you soon and if you decide you want to hear the pitter patter of little feet again, I hope things go well.

Take care,

 
At 7:09 PM , Blogger Tess said...

Dale-Lynn, so sorry to hear of your loss, but things happen for a reason, I lost my 3rd baby at 20 weeks, so know exactly what your going through, if you need to talk, i'm but an email away :)

 
At 8:01 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Oh Dale-Lynn my heart goes out to you. Take care and know that I care. Having lost two I know how much it hurts. ((((HUGS))))

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Chrissy said...

Oh Dale-Lynn, the biggest of hugs to you love!! I am so very terribly sad about your news. My heart aches for you, I know how utterly awful a time like this can be.

Love and prayers to you and your family.
Please take extra good care of yourself,
Love Chrissy x

 
At 6:41 AM , Blogger Scrappin' Annie said...

Sorry to hear your sad news Dale-Lynn. I am thinking of you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home